Monday 20 February 2012

I'm Nothing I'm No one...

SLOW HORSE II
This has got to be one of the most depressing albums ever recorded. It's in a doom style and as the band name suggests they are pretty slow, not the slowest but snail like and heavy as fuck. I thought I had their first album but turns out it's Slow Horse II that I own. The first one sounds great, I'm just listening to it on yootoob.

One look at the song list tells you all you need to know...
Debut: SLOW HORSE
Lick My Wounds 07:59
All Good Intentions 08:16
Wicked Game 06:34
When Are You Coming Home? 05:36
No One Wants You When You're Down 06:23
What's The Use 05:21

SLOW HORSE II
1. I'm Nothing, I'm No One 08:07
2. The Games You Play 06:11
3. Stay 04:44
4. Let It Slide 04:06
5. Coming Unhinged 02:26
6. Nameless 07:11
7. Untitled 07:13
8. The Last 12:04
9. No. 9

This music is never going to appeal to the average music fan but I love it and will do my best to track down their first album which was released in 1999.THANK YOU ENCYCLOPAEDIA METALLUM: http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

There lyrics are not to my usual taste to be honest. I prefer my DOOM to be about Demons from the foulest pits of HADES!!! These songs are all about what cunts women can be and while I agree to an extent the misogyny on show here is a bit extreme. So you got dumped and treated like shit by a few bitches? Big deal, learn and move on. It does make for some pretty depressing songs though and that is all that really matters. It's ART man ;D

***NB***Not to be mistaken for the really quite good German country band Slow Horses! Your country music loving auntie would not thank you for Slow Horse...or would she???

2 comments:

  1. Ah I'd never given them the listen that they deserved, until now. Very good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a classic of depression and fills me with delicious feelings of the futility of it all ;D

    ReplyDelete